New for 2017: A Call for Presentations Submission Process
The National Capital Gift Planning Council (NCGPC), seeks creative presentations for its 25th Planned Giving Days annual conference. The audience includes 200-250 professional fundraisers, primarily gift planners, as well as a smaller number of allied professionals such as estate attorneys, financial planners, and wealth managers with a charitable focus. Among fundraisers, years of experience varies widely, as does the size of the organization the fundraiser represents. Additionally, all of the nonprofit sectors will be represented: Arts, Health, Social Services, Religious, Poverty Relief, Education, Environment, Emergency Relief, etc. NCGPC proudly offers high quality educational programming on a range of topics and networking opportunities for professional success.
Following is the schedule for the call for presentations:
- November 18, 2016, deadline for submissions;
- December 31, 2016, submitters notified whether they have been selected;
- January 31, 2017, conference schedule announced.
The conference will be comprised of the following four concurrent educational tracks:
- Fundamentals–Introduction of planned giving fundamentals for professionals with 0-2 years of experience
- Donor Relations–Best practices in planned giving prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Communications and Marketing–From tried and true to cutting edge, ideas that work for every size organization
- Advanced–Challenging the status quo with fresh ideas and technical concepts for seasoned professionals with 5-10 (or more) years of experience
All breakout track sessions will be one hour long and may include some method of participant interaction. We expect presenters to create a dynamic, lively, provocative, and engaging experience for conference attendees. Some preferred topics of interest for the 2017 conference include the following:
- Advisor Networks
- Annual Funds and Endowments
- Blended Giving
- Branding/Marketing and Fundraising Integration
- Board and Leadership Development
- Capital Campaigns
- Data, Reporting, Analytics, Modeling
- Deferred and Complex Gifts (annuities, bequests, life insurance, trusts)
- Digital Media
- Direct Mail
- Donor Acquisition, Retention, Cultivation, Reactivation
- Donor Advised Funds / Private Foundations
- Economic or Legislative Forecast
- Emerging Channels (media or crowdfunding)
- Gifts of Non-Cash Assets (real estate, stock, personal property, business interests)
- Impact Investing
- International Fundraising Perspectives
- IRA Charitable Rollover
- Making the Ask
- Major Giving
- Monthly Giving
- Planned Giving
- Recognition Societies and Donor Stewardship
- Recruiting, Motivating and Retaining Top Talent
- Securing the Visit
- Social Media
- Special Events
- Storytelling / Creative Strategy
- Tax Rules for Charitable Giving
- PG Days educational sessions are noncommercial forums. We prohibit selling or promoting products or services. If you are a consultant, we encourage you to have a client or nonprofit representative co-present with you.
- There is a limit of two presenters per session. For panels, there is a limit of five presenters including the moderator (one) and panelists (four).
- Sensitivity to diversity (including racial/ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and disabilities) is extremely important. Tailor your presentations accordingly.
- Presentations will be evaluated based on relevance, importance, originality, and upon the speaker’s related knowledge and experience.
Discover best practices, data-driven insights, and trends that will make you a stronger professional and will improve your institution’s fundraising advantage in an increasingly competitive environment.
Benefit from the expertise of some of the profession’s leading authorities on planned giving.
Meet with all of your colleagues during just two days. Save time and money while you participate in educational sessions, explore the exhibit hall, discover unlimited networking opportunities, and so much more.
Expand your peer network and meet new contacts you can turn to for program ideas and strategic insights to serve you for years to come.View Our Gallery